Line/Salad/Prep Cook - DiPrato's Delicatessen
Di Prato's Delicatessen
342 Pickens St, Columbia, SC 29205
Competitive hourly salary - $13 to $16 Hourly
8-hour shifts - Tuesday through Sunday 8AM to 4PM
Full Job Description
Diprato's Delicatessen is recruiting fresh chef/cook talent!
We are a family owned and operated hospitality management company with over 10 years of service to our guests and the communities in which they live.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift - Tuesday through Sunday 8AM to 4PM
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Chef/Cook: 1 year (Required)
We are currently seeking an all-around cook at Diprato's Delicatessen
- Responsibilities for Line Cook
- Prepare ingredients then cook and assemble dishes as indicated by recipes
- Perform portion control and minimize waste to keep cost within forecasted range
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely manner by restocking ingredients at work station and meeting prep times to ensure smooth delivery
- Set up and clean station according to restaurant protocol
- Maintain a clean work station area, including kitchen equipment, tables, and shelves
- Comply with applicable sanitary, health, and personal hygiene standards
- Ensure quality and freshness of ingredients and products
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the line supervisor, sous-chef, or executive chef
- Qualifications for Line Cook
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; culinary degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience cooking in a restaurant, hotel, or resort
- Understanding of cooking methods and procedures, and knife handling skills
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
- Ability to read and follow cooking directions
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Must be able to stand, bend, stretch, and lift, and carry heavy materials.
Career Growth - What we look for:
- Own your area of responsibility and its impact on the guest experience. Lead the selection, coaching, and recognition of a highly effective team. Develop team members for future opportunities.
- Ensure team is thoroughly trained, understands expectations, and demonstrates friendly hospitality. Provide ongoing feedback, manage performance, and drive accountability. Adhere to legal and company standards.
- As an ambassador of our brand, create and nurture relationships within the community.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with staff, guests, and other members of management.
- While you may have a primary area of responsibility, knowledge and management of whole-house operations is required. We are one team.
- Be a good steward; act with ownership mentality.
- Ensure the safety of employees and guests at all times
In return for providing great guest service, DiPratos Delicatessen can offer you:
- Competitive hourly salary ($13 to $16)
- Job flexibility and stability.
- Career growth and training opportunities
- On-the-job fun